Are Sewing & Alterations Projects Worth the Investment?
To continue our topic from last week, we would like to say a few more words about altering a men’s suit. This time, we will discuss jackets or blazers. Read the following specifications of jacket sewing & alterations to find out whether you are willing to invest time and money in dealing with them.
- Button replacement. This is an easy job that costs a minimal fee. Replacing all of them is always recommended, especially if you are not sure that your tailor will have matching buttons.
- Shoulder adjustments. They can be a bit difficult and may sometimes not worth the investment. If the shoulders don’t fit perfectly, we recommend you not to buy a suit as it will cost you more than $30 to get that fixed.
- Waist adjustments. The waist can and should be suppressed to create the coveted “V” shape. Depending on the number of vents, this may cost you between $40 and $80.
- Shortening a jacket. Some jackets may be shortened by up to 1 inch before becoming unbalanced. This is again one of the most expensive alterations which can ruin button stance and proportion.
- Given working buttons and jacket lining, sleeves have to be shortened from the shoulders. This job can be a bit tricky in comparison to shortening at the wrist. Again, this alteration can cost more than you are willing to pay.
A specialist in sewing & alterations that you can count on in [ln] is [cn]. Contact us at [phone], share your problem, and we will help you find out how much it will cost you to get it professionally solved!